June 10, 2008

BoC rate decision had everything, but profit!

Bank of Canada keeps rate unchanged, concern on inflation is said as the reason. A 0.25 percent rate cut was expected. A better than expected Merchandise Trade was another boost for the currency's appreciation.

Before the announcement, CAD was weaker against some currencies, such as USD, AUD, and NZD.

I think the effects of recent speeches from the US officials made the scene so cloudy that I was unable to detect possible signals from the charts, so I had no position today.

BoC's surprise is a good case showing why I don't want to bet on a data itself.

I study this case carefully. I think many lessons, especially from the technical aspects, can be learned from this cloudy day. I am sure I would use the experience in other cases, as I do it before.



No comments:

Post a Comment