Both positions, selling USDJPY and buying GBPUSD, closed in profit automatically, well before the release of UK and US data; making 36 and 40 pip profit respectively.
I think that the recent profit has been made thanks to a fast recovery from earlier sharp loss. I see it as a positive improvement in my professional life. In a long game, which takes months and years, losses are unavoidable but should be very limited to let the recovery practicable.
I sell USDJPY betting on today data, but the reason behind earlier drop – which brings the profit much sooner - might lie in an article by the WSJ suggesting the Fed is likely to leave interest rate unchanged beyond June meeting.
"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight."
"In war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak."
"You can be sure of succeeding in your attacks if you only attack places which are undefended. You can ensure the safety of your defense if you only hold positions that cannot be attacked."
Sun Tzu – The Art of War
About Me
My name is Davod. I am a trader and analyst. continue…
I think that the recent profit has been made thanks to a fast recovery from earlier sharp loss. I see it as a positive improvement in my professional life. In a long game, which takes months and years, losses are unavoidable but should be very limited to let the recovery practicable.
ReplyDeleteI sell USDJPY betting on today data, but the reason behind earlier drop – which brings the profit much sooner - might lie in an article by the WSJ suggesting the Fed is likely to leave interest rate unchanged beyond June meeting.
ReplyDelete